MIPTV Platform - FAQ
│ Log in & Onboarding
Upon registration you will receive an activation link by email, together with instructions to set your password, to log in to the platform. Email may fall in SPAM folder, do not hesitate to search for it upon the sender name “firstname.lastname@example.org” or subject line “Complete your MIPTV Profile”.
If you have forgotten your password, you can click on the link “Forgot password” on the login page.
- Enter your email address that you have previously logged in with
- Click “Send” and go to your email inbox. Please check your spam box.
Once you have opened the email titled “Reset your password”, click on the reset password button. It will open a new page where you can enter your new password twice and press the “Reset password” button.
│ Getting started on MIPTV digital extension
Log into Digital MIPTV platform using your email and password. Two ways to update your profile:
1. Through the navigation panel on the top of each page by clicking “My profile”.
2. On Participant directory page, by clicking on “Edit my profile”.
We encourage you to completely set-up your profile and make sure you fill in your business scope such as genres, activity, sales or acquisition territories. We have enhanced filters and searching capabilities, those will be used by the participants, especially content buyers and sales executives to identify the relevant contact to meet within a company.
In your profile, use the category “Your presence during the event” to indicate whether you will be in Cannes during MIPTV or online-only.
Please note that only Company Administrators are able to set up and update the company page.
Two ways to update your Company page.
1. Through the navigation panel on the top of each page by clicking “Company profile” or “Company Hub”.
2. On the Participant Directory page, by clicking on “Edit company details”.
Please refer to our Onboarding Guide for more details.
Docs - Factual
|Adventures - Travel||Factual - Reality||Nature - Wildlife|
|Art - Culture - Sports||History - Civilization||Science - Technology|
|Current Affairs - Investigation||Lifestyle - Entertainment||Society|
Drama - Scripted Format
|Action - Adventure||Historical period drama||Telenovelas - Soap|
|Crime investigation||Romance||Erotic - Adult|
|Drama||Sci-Fi - Fantasy|
|Animation||Live action Scripted|
|Discovery - Education - Doc||Live action Unscripted|
|Factual Entertainment||Shiny Floor Entertainment|
|Formatted Reality||TV Game Show|
|Animals||Faith - Spirituality||Music|
|Anime - Manga||Fashion||Musical|
|Automotive - Transportation||Food - Cooking||Politics|
|Covid||Girl Power - Women||Super Hero- Comics|
|Dance||Green - Environmental||True Story|
|Diversity - Inclusion||Legal - Police||War|
|Esports - Gaming||Medical||Western|
Company administrator has been nominated when registering to update company page and upload content.
You can change or add more Company Administrators among the participants of your company at MIPTV. Please note they need to be already registered (and part of the Participant Directory of the platform).
From “Company Profile” go to “Company Administrators” then click on “Add company Administrator” and enter the email address of the person you want to assign this role.
Company administrators can start to upload their programmes and projects as soon as they get their access. However, videos on Content Directory and detailed content page will be visible to all only Mid-March as soon as the Content Directory is open. Please make sure that your content page is complete with full details and videos by Early March.
│Doing business on MIPTV platform
The MIPTV platform is a great place to identify relevant business partners.
Companies can be found through the search bar in the Company Directory, using company name or keywords. To refine your search, you can use filters.
- With content: companies that are showcasing content on the digital platform
- Visiting: companies that will attend MIPTV in Cannes as visitors
- Exhibiting: companies that will attend MIPTV in Cannes as exhibitors
- Online only: companies that will not be present in Cannes but will be reachable online
Furthermore, companies are classified through information provided in their company profile, which includes company country, company activity, and company genres.
Participants can be found through the search bar in the Participants Directory, using company name, participant name, or keywords. To refine your search, you can use filters.
- Visitor: participants that will attend MIPTV as visitors
- Exhibitor: participants that will attend MIPTV as exhibitors
- MIP Buyer: participants that are either Content sourcing / financing (Buyers, Carriage Deal Buyer, Commissioners or Investors)
Furthermore, participants are classified through information provided in their participant profile, which includes participant activity, genres, territories of acquisition/sales, and more.
Programmes and projects can be found through the search bar in the Content Directory, using company name, programme name, or keywords from the synopsis.
Furthermore, content is classified through information provided by the rights-holder that includes Production Status, Genre, Year of release, Theme, Length, Number of episodes, Audience, and more. Through the Content Directory, it is possible to screen directly a specific video by clicking on the PLAY button.
MIPTV platform is a great place to showcase your programmes and projects - synopsis and trailers - to the biggest buyer community and generate new leads and sales opportunities.
Depending on your MIPTV content package, you are able to enhance visibility with branding and advertising opportunities.
Promote your company and network with the biggest buyer community in the TV industry.
We strongly recommend you to only add new content on the platform, even though there is little information on the new programmes/projects. The reason is that we want to make sure there will be strong interest from the buyers community. We will push on the homepage of the platform ONLY new programmes selected by Glance (MIP partner on content curation).
MIPTV platform has been designed to fulfil buyers’ needs. You can use a wide range of filters and advanced search criteria to help you find the best content according to your acquisition strategy.
Content Directory will open Mid-March. Through the Content Directory or directly from the Distributor / Producer page, you will be able to discover content relevant to you and check associated detailed information as well as screen the promo video or trailer attached to it.
If you need more information on the programme or project and want to be contacted by the seller, you can either:
- Click on the “contact me” button on the seller company page to show your interest.
- Or contact directly the seller executive in charge of sales territories for the programme/ project you are interested in. Chat functionality is available to contact them by clicking on their profile, then “Send a message”.
To help you navigate the Content Directory, our partner Glance will present every week a selection of freshly released programmes for every genre to be found on the homepage of the Digital MIPTV platform. Furthermore, you’ll find every week the most viewed programmes and projects on the platform by genre...
You can shortlist the programmes and projects you are interested in by clicking on “Add to My Plan” and finding them later on in your Show Planner space.
Chat functionality will allow you to get in contact on the platform with other participants, start a business conversation and maybe plan a meeting later. All conversations are stored to get access to previous communications whenever you need them.
From the Participant Directory, you can search for participants you might want to meet by using our advanced filter criteria. Click on the profile of a participant you would like to connect with and click on “Send a message”.
Your contact details are displayed by default (the same you have filled in when registering). If you want to hide them, go to “My profile”, click on the pen picto, then click on “Change” and save the update.
To change your e-mail address, go to “My profile”, click on the pen picto, then click on “Change” and save the update. Enter the new e-mail address you would like to use and save your changes.
While navigating through MIPTV platform, you can « Add to My Plan » :
- Content/Products (programmes and/or projects)
This will create a list of favourites helping you to manage them later.
If you’re also attending MIPTV in Cannes, you can take advantage of MIPTV platform to prepare your physical event.
- The Session Directory will allow you to discover all conference sessions taking place at MIPTV as well as the speakers.
- A specific filter will allow you to discover onsite Participants and Companies. Check their stands placement in Palais des Festival and network with their representatives.
- You can use the Show Planner functionality to prepare your physical event. Select sessions you will be attending, companies to visit their stand or participants to meet.
│ MIPTV digital offers
MIPTV content packages are available, on top of your registration, to promote your programmes or projects to the MIPTV audience.
As a distributor, producer, development executive you will be able to feature up to 20 programmes and projects, according to the package purchased by your company.
You need to be the company administrator of your company to add programmes and projects to the Content Directory.
A lead is a MIPTV participant that either watched one of your programme or project videos or clicked on the «Contact Me» button on your company page.
As a Company Administrator, you can monitor and export your leads by clicking on "Company Hub" then “Emperia, Lead Capture Services”.
Please note that the Lead Export is only included in Essential/Booster and Premium packages.
Please make sure you enter products in order that you would like them to be displayed on the “Gallery of products and services” from your Company Page. The first 3 products added will be those programmes and projects displayed here, but also directly in the Company Directory.
Content Directory will be live mid-March.
By then :
- as a Sellers, you can take your time to prepare your videos, fill in the synopsis, description and all attached data. We have enhanced filters and searching capabilities, to make sure everything is filled in properly.
- as a Buyer, you can prepare and search for companies you might be interested in by using the advanced search and filter capabilities of the platform.